Why work for us?
At Weishaupt Design Group, we strive to make work a rewarding experience. As part of Weishaupt Design Group, you will be immersed in the world of design as a participant in a diverse, innovative team that lives our core values of collaboration, positivity, dependability, and courage.
The success of our business is thanks to the amazing efforts of every single member of our group. Here are some of the ways we make sure that working for us is an awesome experience:
- Competitive Salary
- RRSP/401K Matching program
- Health and Dental Benefits – premium paid 100%
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% employee discount on our products
- Employee Recognition Program
- Anniversary credit program
- Social events throughout the year
Does this sound like a great fit?
Weishaupt Design Group is a North American-based furniture retailer, manufacturer, and distributor engaged in both residential and contract markets, offering classic-contemporary designs with timeless style and enduring quality.
ABOUT AVENUE ROAD
AVENUE ROAD is a design destination that brings the best in design together in a highly curated experience.
A reflection of the personal vision of Founder, Stephan Weishaupt, AVENUE ROAD was born in 2007 from a desire to connect, edit, and cultivate meaningful relationships between makers and design lovers. The offering has grown to include furniture, accessories, lighting, textiles, bespoke kitchens, and architectural products. Learn more at avenue-road.com.
AVENUE ROAD, Weishaupt Design Group's flagship brand, is currently seeking an experienced full-time Director of Sales & Business Development, New York with a focus on residential and commercial design projects. In this role, the candidate will report to the Managing Director.
- Strengthen long term relationships and develop new opportunities with leading A&D, commercial, hospitality, retail and procurement firms in the country- Act as support on various client projects where needed, to ensure client expectations are met and any challenges are met with positive outcomes
- Manage sales and business processes, support corporate goals and contribute to enhancement of client outcomes
- Lead, train, and develop the sales team, monitoring and analysis of all sales activities, while ensuring they perform in accordance with established AVENUE ROAD standards
- Develop, implement and track team sales goals and KPI’s with an emphasis on sales growth, client relationship building and individual marketing efforts
- Stay updated with product knowledge and the competitive landscape
- Execute local initiatives to drive sales, ensuring brand consistency and engagement
- Attend key industry events, participating in organizations that are going to broaden AVENUE ROAD’s visibility in the Design community
- Develop overall conquest and retention strategies and execute action plans to grow core business, identify new opportunities in target segments and categories, and improve profitability of the business
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required
Who are you:
- You care about people and partners
- Entrepreneurship is in your DNA. You excel at finding opportunities
- You have excellent judgment. You are perceptive and are comfortable making decisions
- You are a strong communicator; clear, persuasive, and equally a very attentive listener
- You move and process complex information very quickly; customer feedback, financial analysis, connecting the dots, thinking two steps ahead, and communicating what’s next
- You are optimistic and resilient
- You are a proven leader, collaborator and deal maker- You are an independent problem solver, extremely resourceful and equally collaborative
- Ambitious, humble, take-initiative and seek to improve everyday
- 10+ years of management experience in sales/customer service required
- Furniture contract sales experience preferred
- Ability to work Saturdays (1 per month)
- Team player with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to work under time pressures and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to train and coach others on how to perform tasks- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable using metrics to manage staff and drive improvements
- Strong team leadership and team-building abilities
- Excellent conflict resolution, diplomacy, and negotiation skills
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent- Experience with inventory/database, preferably SAP B1
- Proficiency in Spanish an asset
- Must be able to travel, within the continental USA and occasionally to Canada
We recognize that deciding to change jobs is an important decision and we thank you for considering us in your choice.
For more information about our businesses, please visit www.weishauptdesign.com